Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Alaska King crab with Mushrooms Recipe

Ingredients:
  • Italian Dressing
  • 24 Large Mushrooms
  • 1 1/2 cups of shredded Crab Meat
  • 2 beaten eggs
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup of diced onions
  • 1 tbls of grated parmesan cheese

Preparation:

Scoop out the stem and pulp from the mushroom. Marinate the mushrooms for at least 12 hours in the Italian dressing. Mix all the remaining ingredients and place in the mushrooms and sprinkle with parmesan cheese or bread crumbs. Bake at 350 until brown.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Salmonlady,

I just found your blog today and I really like your recipes! thanks for sharing them.

I want to try your king crab recipe but i've never ate king crab before. can you describe the crab a little or tell me where I can buy it? Can you only get in Alaska?

**|| Sarah ||**

Fish Man said...

Hi, thank you for enjoying the recipes. The Alaskan King crab is a sweet, rich crab flavor, is milder in flavor to me than the Dungeness which I am use to. I was originally from Washington State and we always ate Dungeness. As far as purchasing crab you can go to the recipe site and click on the crab picture and it will link you to the site to purchase. I am sure anyone that sells AK crab in the lower 48 states will have it for sale also. Also the Jumbo King crab is a lot easier to remove the meat.
Hope this helps you.

Anonymous said...

can I use fat free italian dressing in this recipe?

Kirsten W.

Fish Man said...

Hi Kirsten:

Yes, you can use the fat-free dressing in this recipe. Let me know what you think of this recipe, I would sure appreciate your feedback!